First up - apologies to the slackness on this blog - lots has been going on but most of it on my "main" blog" - so finally here we are.
A friend asked me to build and paint an Airfix PE.2 for him. That was all pretty straight forward, but once it was painted in the base colours and decaled, I asked him if he wanted it to be weathered. Yes, a little was the reply. So I finally got to use my Flory Model Wash on a proper model. And here is the result:
Pretty yucky huh! That's how it looks after sitting in a couple of gloss coats for just over 20 minutes. Then I cleaned it up, using a decent quality paper towel and it looked like this:
Finally after adding the bombs and props, weathering the top, plus a little charcoal, and it looked like this:
It still needs to be dull coated, but my friend can do that.
Reasonably happy with how it came out - my first proper use of the product and I'm happy with it.